We’re looking for someone to join our team!
Administrative and Marketing Assistant
£8.45 per hour, 20h/week
Hands on Harps is a small business based near Stroud that makes harps and offers harp tuition in person and via an online course. We are seeking a dynamic, clever, creative person to help us as we grow. The job will be varied, and there’s lots to do!
After an initial set-up period – learning our systems and getting started with the accounting and task management software, plus helping to set up any other tools you think will help us – the role will be split fairly evenly between administration and marketing. We have existing ideas and systems for this side of the business but we’re also looking for someone who can contribute their own ideas and improve how we do things.
The role is for 20 hours a week (with some flexibility). This could be 4 days of 5 hours or 5 days of 4 hours, which would fit nicely in between school runs, for example.
We’re a Living Wage Foundation Employer, so the current pay rate is £8.45/hour. The post includes 5.6 weeks of paid holiday per year.
• Customer relationship management: answering emails and phone calls
• Maintaining customer lists and tracking payments
• Maintaining active social media accounts
• Other online marketing: finding places and ways to promote what we do
• General marketing: promoting occasional events, local posters, getting us in magazines/on the radio/on TV
• Any other marketing ideas you may have
• Keeping the business’s accounts up to date
• Running payroll
• Liaising with our web developer and content providers to update the website
• Excellent written English and communication skills
• Solid telephone manner and email etiquette
• Willingness to learn how to do things and ability to find solutions from web searches
• Social media account management for a small business or organisation
• Other marketing experience
• Use of accounting software (eg Quickbooks)
• Web content writing and uploading (eg with WordPress)
• Photography and/or video making
• MS Excel and Word
• Competitive salary, never to fall below Living Wage Foundation Standards
• Flexible hours and work environment: could include some work at home after initial probationary period
• If you’d like to learn the harp then we can also provide free harp hire and group tuition!
Please apply by email, attaching your CV and a covering letter detailing your relevant skills and experience.
Closing date for applications: 14/4/17
For an informal chat to discuss the role, please contact: